|Name ||Master Events List (MEL)|
* Create realistic exercises using a table format you're familiar with
* Work alongside clients using Excel and then import into TeamXp
|Key Features |
* Quickly and easily import existing exercises from Excel or CSV file
* Switch between MEL and Whiteboard to add additional interactivity
To access the MEL you need to go to "Design" and select "MEL view".
Or you can also find it as a shortcut, in the main menu at the right:
To open your MEL you can create a new one or click "Import" to upload it. Once you open the MEL, this is how it looks. It's exactly the same as the Excel document that can be imported to build your scenario:
- Time. This is the clock time of the
- From. Who is sending this message?
In TeamXp this is assumed to be a
- Faction. Used by TeamXp to group
- To. This is the player or players
receiving the message
- Team. This is the player's team (if
there is one)
- Method. This is the communications
channel. Use the TeamXp naming convention
that you see in the scenario editor
- Subject. This is the message
subject and can be blank for methods like
Twitter that don't have subjects
- Message. The body of the message
- Expected Action. What's expected of
the players after they receive the
message. This text will be placed in the
Inject so that it's readable by the
moderator and observers
- Tab. Unique to TeamXp, this is the
whiteboard tab in the scenario editor and
helps to breakup long MELs into manageable
- Copy or Delete line. Use this
buttons to copy a content or to delete it.
- + Add. Click here to add a new
line in your MEL
You can modify each line to click on them and open them up.
Adding a new line
To add a new line click "+ Add". That would create another section in your screen to put all the information you need for that new line. You can also modify your content by clicking the line you need to change. This opens a new menu as the following:
If you use those three dots you can move the content to a different tab. The time will be adjust automatically.
You can export your MEL whenever you want as an Excel file by clicking "Export".