Note that this does not relate to TeamXp, it's for the Conducttr platform.
There are four different ways to use Twitter with Conducttr:
- as a Broadcast message to all Twitter followers (e.g. a regular Tweet. Note that you cannot send broadcast Direct Messages)
- as a Reply to an incoming Tweet that fires a Twitter Trigger. For this to happen you need a Twitter Trigger configured, it must be associated with the Tweet Container and someone in the Twittersphere must have sent a Tweet to your Character with the matchword in message.
- as a Direct Message (DM) reply. For this to work the person invoking the reply must be following the character on Twitter.
- as a 3rd party message to an incoming Tweet that fires a Twitter Trigger. For this to happen you need all you need to send a Reply PLUS the twitter ID of a 3rd party must be included in the message.
- Tweets are a maximum 140 characters but if you select Reply or 3rd Party this drops to 125 characters to allow space for the reply Twitter name.