|Name||Map counter movement event|
* Player decision-making processes can be reviewed on a exercise timeline
* Fast tracking of decisions to maintain engagement & flow of the exercise
* Players and facilitator/adjudicator don't need to be co-located in the same physical space
* Use an unlimited number of maps, counters and locations
* Automatically track map counter movements without additional configuration in TeamXp
* Optionally trigger additional content publication or calculations after a map counter movement
* Requires the Conducttr wargaming app for Android
You'll need the wargaming app for Android to make use of this feature.
How it works
The map counter event is only generated by the Conducttr wargaming mobile app when it scans an appropriately-encoded NFC tag.
Note that the work of correctly updating the map is managed almost entirely by the mobile app and you need only use the map event card for publication of additional content which may be unrelated to map updates.
The concept is that your exercise has physical map counters to which you're stuck NFC tags.
Hence, the first thing to do is to program the NFC tags you're going to use as counters in your map.
The moment a player/facilitator scans the tag, that counter will appear in the digital map.
There are several apps to program your NFC tags, such as NFC Tag Writer by NXP.
In the following example, we want to put a counter (shown as the aeroplane) at location 42 on the Arctic map:
- The player scans the counter (aeroplane) and sends it to a position "42". Note that this is all accomplished with the mobile app
- Inside TeamXp, there's an Event created that allows the mobile app to select the correct map (as you can use multiple maps). This card does not need to be connected to any subsequent event as the movement to position is accomplish by the app
- The new counter appears in the player's dashboard in the right position
To configure the previous example you need to:
- Upload an image for your map and name it "Arctic"
- Create the different locations (Right click anywhere in the map > Add location...)
- Program your NFC tags (see article on map counter encoding)
In the whiteboard:
- Create a Map Counter Movement Event
- Select the map you want to use (Arctic in this case)
In the app, select the same map you're using in TeamXp.