Parsing is a feature that allows you to extract information from incoming messages and incoming API calls.
For example, you can extract:
- a mobile telephone number from an incoming email
- an email address from a Tweet
- a decimal number from an SMS
For this to work successfully you need to use the trigger matchphrase to provide Conducttr with
- a “parsing template” – this tells Conducttr what information it should be looking for
- a Variable or Attribute to store the extracted information.
In Conducttr, a Variable is a temporary place to store information and only survives for one processing cycle (i.e. for actions that happen with the same Process ID).