|Name ||Roles & Groups |
1. Roles allow you to run exercises with teams working in parallel ensuring that content is published to several players in the same role
2. Groups allow you publish injects to different players based on the decisions they've made
|Key Features |
1. Up to 5 roles. Role 1 is the usual default for all players. See Publishing to Position if you need more than 5 roles
2. Up to 3 groups. Group 1 is the default at the start of an exercise
- Groups and roles can only be used on content published by an Inject or Multichan action (i.e. not as a reply to a question)
- Participants can only belong to one role and one group at any time. This is why the group icon is a stairway - the participant can only stand on one step at a time.
Roles vs Position
In small team exercises up to 5 people, role and position might be same for practical purposes. However, in exercises where teams are competing or playing in parallel, each team can have a "role 2" - hence with 6 teams there could be 6 players in role 2.
Position is used to uniquely identify a player independently of the team structure. Hence, with six teams there is only one person is position 25, say.
Position should be used in large exercises where you have one team or multiple teams but each player has a unique position in the exercise.
The 'Manage Roles' pop-up allows renaming of roles and groups.